Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 32: Growing Bad Habits

Keeping procrastination apart, I am growing a few other terrible habits.

First, not calling people. Its just getting worse and worse, since the day I realized this weakness. For normal people, the graph generally goes the other way.

Second, I am working from home quite frequently. It's not as bad if I was working at my own home. But sadly, I don't have an internet connection yet and hence using my friend's. So, it feels a little awkward to ask him every time, the current frequency being at least once a week. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Third, as I have already wrote in several other posts... zero fitness regime. Its like I have lost the will to improve.

Anyway, I haven't suggested any movies for a few days. A compensation won't be very convenient either. So I will just move ahead...


Today, I want to write about Inception.

I was already dazzled by the brilliance of Christopher Nolan's mind, after watching Memento, The Prestige, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight. Even Insomnia wasn't that bad. And the hype just built up automatically inside me.

So when I reached the theatre I prayed that the movie should keep upto the hype. Well... it did.

A brilliant movie based on subconscious memories, accessible only in dreams. A story about how a team of corporate spies steal such ideas and memories from by being in-control even inside a dream. But their toughest challenge is yet to come, when they will have to plant an idea inside somebody's subconscious mind... instead of stealing. The job of their lifetime will require them to setup an even better team and plan multiple levels of dreams to poke into the innermost chord of subconscious limbos. But, the question is, are their own consciousness completely in control... do they know what's real and what is not?

If you don't understand some intricate details, don't worry. Probably nobody did. And the main charm of the movie is this unconceivable complexity.

Don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment