Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 18: Anybody Reading This...??

Hello? Anybody There?

I guess not.

2 Comments in 19 days. And those 2 were from my friends who were just trying to motivate me. This tells me how "good" I write.

Anyway, I am a slow person, but not a quitter. I suspend things when I gets messy, but never really drop it. I wrote a novel recently, (you can guess how "great" it might have been), I tried to publish it... but nobody was interested. So that made a lot of my calculations wrong and I am kind of behind my economic recovery schedule. That's why I paused writing my next novel...

But I am not going to scrap my novel, neither I am going to dump my dream of being a writer.

I have always been a bit slow on realizations. It took me 26 years to understand what I actually wanted to do in my life. If that happened a decade ago, I might not have wasted my Dad's money on my Computer degree.

Those days, everybody wanted to be an Engineer, some kind of virtual status. They still do, I guess. Who cares what dreams are, they are going to come only when you sleep...right? Wrong! And what's more wrong is the word "dream" - it just describes it as a subconscious phenomenon and underrates the actual meaning of it! That's what happens when we add science to every freaking thing!

I want to be a writer. I always did. I used to write these detective stories, comic strips, of course majorly influenced by movies... and then my friends would read it and ask for more... it was so lovely without a brand value being necessary for publicity! Well, on publishers' defense, I didn't charge my friends for reading either!

Anyway, too much of emotional whirlwinds for a blog that no one reads. Time for today's pick.

And today's recommendation is - Killshot.

Its a thriller about a veteran hitman Blackbird (Mickey Rourke), who gets involved in a side-job with a rookie goon Richie (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), while carrying out his main mission to kill a mob-boss. Meanwhile Wayne and Carmen Colson (Thomas Jane and Diane Lane), gets mingled in Richie's short-time job and must defend themselves, as they end up being something that Blackbird cannot permit to live - witnesses. What follows is a cat-and-mouse game between the two pairs while both of the pairs need a little sorting up to do between themselves.

A perfect action-thriller with a sensible story. Must for Mickey Rourke fans.

Well, that's all I had up my sleeves for today. Will be back with another pseudo soul-searching post tomorrow... till then, good bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment