Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 27 & 28: Talking To Myself

Hello all.

I am out of words to express the solitude I feel in the blog right now. You cannot imagine the frustration, because either you don't have a blog or your blog doesn't suck, in terms of readers, like mine.

Sometimes, I don't get why I started this. Actually, I don't get the point of any blog... maybe that's what missing. Or maybe nobody wants to read another boring movie blog.

Well, what to say, my life's really 'exciting'... movie is the only thing happening right now.... so that's what I share. That's what I know.

(Oh, stop whining... for God's sake!)

Yeah... better do that. Better get on with my thing.

So, today's movie No 1 - The Tournament. It's a 2009 British Action-Thriller, starring Robert Carlyle, Ving Rhames, Kelly Hu. The story is about a tournament being played between top assassins for a huge amount of winner-takes-all money. The tournament is played all over the country, without any limit... and is a money-raiser business where several underworld groups and powerful media personnel are involved.

Joseph McAvoy (Robert Carlyle) is an alcoholic priest, who finds himself into this cat-n-mouse game accidentally and is helped by one of the top assassins, Lai Lai (Kelly Hu) to keep his head on his neck.

What follows is a hugely entertaining series of insane action sequences, of course keeping a little room for a moralistic justice in the end.

About Movie No. 2..... well, let me see....

...okay, here it is...

Dead Silence.

This is by the director of the original SAW movie, James Wan.

A slow but gripping horror movie about a town with mysterious deaths, which involves a country legend of an old ventriloquist Mary Shaw killing the village people to turn into puppets.

Our hero, Jamie, will have to go back to his hometown to untangle the real story behind these folk-lore, when his wife Lisa is murdered by a puppet, and the cops take him as the prime suspect. Whether he will return... is for you to find out. Beware... because when Mary Shaw comes, "be sure you never, ever scream".

Though, it was a slow movie... the wait was worth it and the scares didn't depend only on blood and gore. The golden moment is of course the last few minutes, where the main twist unfolds... in a typical James Wan style.

See.... I am already feeling better. I now know, why I started this. For me... So, I will keep running this, for me.

Bye bye.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment