Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 16 & 17: Trying To Make It Up For You

As I said on the very first day, I am an irregular person... so there is no point in apologizing.

Sometimes I just get out of internet coverage... no I don't travel much! It's just that the person I solely depend on for internet, was missing on Sunday... so, there.

Well, today I toyed with my resume for an hour and its now almost in last stage. I will just have to give a few final touches tomorrow and upload it to sites. Hope, I am doing the right thing... Even if I am not, I don't see another option to choose. I don't see how I am going to go with just distracting myself with movies.

However, distraction is necessary sometimes. For me, all the time.

I was giving 2012 a re-watch today and it occurred to me that if it happened really, it would happen just like it did in the movie. No, I am not talking about the natural destruction. I am talking about the administrative circus that happened before the final wave wiped out every inch of land.

Tickets were sold to get a reservation in the arcs that were last hopes of mankind. And they were sold at such a high price, that only billionaires could buy it. The logic that the White House legislative gave was that the price to build such machines could only come with such a high ticket price.

Very logical, mathematically. But there is just one thing I couldn't understand, why should it take money to build an arc that will save all mankind? Why should anybody charge for anything, any resource that is being used to build our last hope? What possibly could anybody do with that money once the world is just erased from the maps? What would he/she buy or rather who would he/she buy it from?

Maybe there is an answer to these questions, maybe I am just to 'naive' to understand it... well, then I should better move on to do what my un-advanced mind can do... I should start today's recommendations.

Well, as a rule... I will again pick 2 movies today.

Movie no. 1 - Election.
A bitter but funny, tale of a college election and how it affects the people involved... a perfect example of a black comedy. A story where its not necessary for the good guy to win... and its not necessary that the good guy ends up doing the right thing. Reese Witherspoon stars as Tracy Flick, an over-competitive, mean, manipulative, over-achiever who is running for the college elections, while Mathew Broderick stars as Jim McAllister, her professor, who goes way over his head to stop her from winning. Chris Klein supports the cast as a chilled-out ex-sports-star of the college, who tries a hand at the election after his leg breaks in a dangerous ski accident.

The story is completely unpredictable, and will satisfy you with its stock of cruel laughters, if not in terms of the poetic justice everybody expects.

Movie No. 2 - Basic.
A mind-blowing puzzle of truth and lies, where the jigsaw pieces can change shapes any second and trust is the last thing one can expect from anybody else. Sergeant Nathan West (Samuel Jackson) and his troop of Army Rangers goes for a hideout while hurricane threatens the Panamanian jungle. After 17 hours, most of the troop are missing and presumed dead or are found injured in what appears to be a death-fight between them. Colonel Tom Hardy (John Travolta) and Captain Julia Osborne (Connie Nielsen) are summoned to investigate the incident and put the missing pieces together. The rest of the story is how the puzzle gets solved or more tangled, based on each character's depiction of the foggy truth.

An excellent movie in terms of plot-twists and a feast for people who like movies that makes them think.

Well, it has gone too long today! So, ending it abruptly. Alvida!

No comments:

Post a Comment