Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 25 & 26: Out of Shape

I am really out of shape. I realized this when I started feeling dizzy after a little walking. However, in my defense, I walked only for a continuous 55 minutes under a very bright sun. Oh, I also had a heavy bag carrying my laptop and my lunch box in one hand.

Well, still, I feel that I need a little fitness regime... but I can't focus enough to break my laziness barrier. That's the problem with me, I can only deal with one issue at a time... and there are quite a few in the queue before my Feng Shui tummy.

By the way, I didn't write yesterday because I didn't have anything sharable... I don't want people to get the idea that I am a workaholic. Because, I hate being workaholic.

Anyway... time for a little review, people.

I hope you like Simon Pegg, because today I am going to suggest - Hot Fuzz. It's a cop movie with gory murder mystery, but the heart of the story is the comedy.

Simon Pegg stars as Nicholas Angel, an overachiever London cop, who is forcefully transferred to a peaceful small town as his efficiency made other officers look bad. But being an extremely alert and sincere policeman, he starts sniffing mystery in the town, which nobody is ready to believe in. In the process, he befriends a local cop Danny Butterman (Nick Frost), who is overweight, naive and under pressure to carry the honor of his father, who is the seniormost policeman in the county. Is there really a mystery or is Nicholas just cannot stand the absolute peace? Watch the movie to join the weird pairs in a ride of their lifetime.

The movie has a lot of gore and action, but the fun part is how the makes fun of itself, in a similar way Elijiah Wood's "The Faculty" did. Also, there are a lot of funny guest appearances to add to the list.


Well... moving ahead to my next flick for the day... I am going to pick a slightly different movie - Ghost Town.

As I have already mentioned, I am fan of Ricky Gervais, I would have a heartache if his movie isn't loved enough by you guys. So let me dress up the stage a bit.

Bertram Pincus (Ricky Gervais) is a grumpy cynical dentist, who wants to be just left alone. He doesn't care who's sitting next or who's just got a little baby or who needs a little help with the luggage... He just doesn't care for anybody. Things get worse, when after a little "technical problem" in a surgery... he starts seeing ghosts. The ghosts realize that he is the only one who could help them and make his life hell, unintentionally.

Amongst all that misery, he sees a ray of light when an opportunist ghost Frank (Greg Kinnear) makes a deal with him to help his widow Gwen (Tea Leoni) by making her break up with her current well-to-do boyfriend. But, it isn't going to be very easy for Dr. Pincus, as Gwen lives in the same building and he has already been rude to her a lot of times. The movie follows Dr. Pincus on his path of love and realization of the meaningless life he has been living till now.

A funny, yet strongly emotional story of people, in both sides of life. Must watch!

I must warn you though, that this movie isn't about haunting and it isn't even a little scary. The tag-line will give you an idea.. how non-scary this movie is going to be - He sees dead people, and they ANNOY him.

Well.... that's a treat of movies right there! Enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment