Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 15: Nothing To Do

Well, that’s the problem with weekends if you are broke. You can't go out, you can't buy stuff... it’s very demoralizing, more when you are empty even when the month just started.

So... all you do is just lie down and skim through your laptop with your right hand, while your left hand swiftly handles the remote. I know that sounds quite cosy, but it’s not. It’s plain dull to sit at home, when all those good movies – Karate Kid, Toy Story 3 – are running in the theaters.

Speaking of Toy Story 3, 3d movies seem to be quite a high trend these days, both in animations and live-actions. Well, it’s a rather new tide in India. I saw Shrek Forever After in 3d, and it looked fantastic! All the screen-breaking effect was marvellous. But on the other hand, I watched Avatar in the same screen and it didn’t look as good. The 3d portions were not always recognizable. Since I am new to this, I will guess, 3d doesn’t go very far with live-actions.

Anyway, ignoring my ignorance, let’s move to the fun part. I wanted to bring up a little different movie today, which may not be often watched or aired on TV. So I ran through my database and found this – The Man Who Wouldn’t Die.

It’s a thriller with a touch of comedy. The story is about a detective novel writer (Roger Moore) who has to deal with a lunatic criminal (Malcolm McDowell), who believes himself to be the undying villain of the formers’ novels and wants to continue the cat-N-mouse game for real with the whole city being on the stakes. The writer’s only help is a waitress (Nancy Allen), who gets accidental premonitions to stir things up a little. It’s a deadly but enjoyable battle of wits, especially for Roger Moore fans (I know there will be too many).

Well, tell me if you find it in DVD libraries though, because I can’t seem to find it any f***ing where.

And take a look at the only decent poster available of this movie! Look at these two clowns.... I don't even remember them being in that movie...! Look how pathetically they have moved Moore and McDowell to the back, while there is no Nancy Allen visible anywhere. Talk about star value...!!

Well, let’s not bore you guys more than you already are... and end today’s chapter. Still hoping somebody would reply though... it’s a bit lonely out here.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment