Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 12: Too Much Work

There was some movie that had this dialogue, when a road closes, 10 new roads open. Well for me, today, 10 roads closed... and made way for a new path, that I had kept as my last choice. Yup, time to spread my wings and fly away.

I am working from home today. Not that fun, guys! Every time I need to join a call, there is a hassle. Do I call from mobile or landline. If I call from mobile, I gotta hold it for an hour to my ear, which I hate! I am not really a phone person, everybody knows that.

So I need to call from landline, but then the headset is a little weird and I can't figure out for the life of me, if its on mute or not. Every time I think its on mute, somebody hears my voice. When I deliberately clap before the microphone, nobody hears nothing!

I could always use a headset for my mobile, but the original one is lost! I have two other, but they go with my laptop and not the mobile. Well, somehow I dug into my trunk and found an adapter to connect that headphone to my mobile, while I had already passed two conference calls wondering whether I can be heard!

Anyway, too much work talk makes me nauseous! So lets get into today's movie talk. By the way, I watched UniSol - Regeneration today. Felt it was a little better than the part 2... and realized Van-Damme is really old now. Stallone seems way fitter than him.

Today I can't really decide my mood, so I will go for my default romantic mood. And today I pick - The Truth About Cats & Dogs. This is your usual romantic movie - minus the predictability. I mean, if you think of it, all love stories are predictable, love crosses all obstacles at the end generally. Its the same for this one too. But the main game being played here is the male attraction quotient, do we go for the beautiful girl or the smart girl....?

Janeane Garofalo is perfect as the smart, strong, bright RJ who is insecured about her beauty and suffers from inferiority complex. Uma Thurman is as always beautiful, but the director has cleverly shown her in a non-attractive way. Telling more than this will be giving away the story...which is murder for love stories.

Well, that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment