Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 7: A Day Off

It’s just grand to take a day off from office, and lie in the bed the whole day. Makes you feel like a peaceful turtle. I should do it more often, only, the cold and dormant fever shouldn’t be there.

Several people enquired suspiciously, “hey, you don’t look sick!” Well, it’s dormant, remember! Unless you are IN my body, you can’t feel it, pal!

Anyway, I took the leave.

So, the whole day went pretty smooth, except some distracting calls from my bank to pay the credit card dues. Wish, the phones could take a leave too!

Well, as I suggested in the blog yesterday, I did a course of 3 animation movies – Monster House and 2 Aladdin sequels…and am kind of fed up of exhausting my current collection. So, switching to the Portugal-Brazil match instead.

God, so many yellow cards in one match! Both teams are just looking for an opportunity to hit somebody… and not so much the ball. Brazil is missing like a zillion shots just when they are near Portugal’s goal. Crap!

As I might’ve said earlier, I am not a very sporty person. But, sometimes I feel the passion too. That’s why I always like the sports movies! Remember The Titans, The Greatest Game Ever Played,Chak De India, Varsity Blues, Invincible, Miracle… liked them all. The theme of an underdog cutting away all the criticism, underestimation and emerging as the winner just makes me all emotional.

They are kind of predictable in terms of the climax, but the journey is worth watching most of the time.
So, in that mood, let’s find out something that people may not have watched that much! You know, I am always after the underdog.

So, today I pick, Kicking & Screaming.

Not a classic, not an exceptional movie. But Will Ferrell is funny as hell and the idea of a father underestimating his son is touchy. Will Ferrell takes the role of an accidental coach for his son’s school soccer team and must face people ridiculing at his players, who obviously aren’t very strong sportsmen. But his major challenge is his father, who himself is a renowned ex soccer player and the coach of the strongest school team playing in the same championship, who always thought that his son was worthless, which is true to some extent!

A light-hearted but enjoyable children sports movie. And just because it’s a comedy, the sports part isn’t ignore in this movie.

Sadly, I don’t have it in my collection, because now that I have recalled the story, I badly want to re-watch the movie! Wish, it was at least coming in some movie channel!

Where is the freaking remote?

No comments:

Post a Comment