Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 6: Nostalgic

Well... when I am ill, I always get nostalgic.

There's nothing better to think over, than the good old days, while breathing the grim depressed air around me as I am slightly feverish today.

The good old days, when I had a lot of time to watch movies and nobody would poke me and say "what a waste of money!" and I had no responsibilities ... well, it was a very short time but was wonderful. I even had the leisure of grading the movies I watched in an Excel sheet, with color-coding them according to their quality and other similar sweet & stupid stuff. Well, I still do it, but with a little less heart... too much to escape from, too less time.

So, I was going through the Excel sheet and looking for my most favorite movies, coded in blue.

The list goes like this:
  • Terminator 2: Judgement Day
  • Jurassic Park
  • E.T.
  • Hollow Man
  • The Matrix
  • Armageddon
  • Pleasantville
  • What Dreams May Come
  • Cast Away
  • Equilibrium
  • Ice Age
  • The Game
  • Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
  • The Butterfly Effect
  • Boys Don’t Cry
  • The Incredibles
  • Da Vinci Code
  • Empire Of The Sun
  • A Beautiful Mind
  • Schindler's List
  • No Man's Land (Ukraine)
  • Avatar
  • Changeling
  • Everything Is Illuminated
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Memento
  • Seven Pounds
If you are thinking where did Ben-Hur and Ten Commandments and similar stuff went, well there's a problem with me... I can't watch old movies for long. The moment I feel the print is old, I kind of lose interest. That's why I haven't watched much old classics, except Guns of Navarone, McKenna's Gold and a few others I can't remember.

Ignoring several probable disagreements among some of these names, if you ask me which one is my favorite among these... I will blindly say - Matrix! Because, I am a science-fiction fan and this one had blown me away like a twister. This one actually made me start imagining beyond limits, beyond what we can see. I haven't made much use of that though, other than writing a few lame stories, which is a completely different topic.

So if my invisible readers would just attack me saying "why the hell did you like Plesantville" or "what was good in What dreams may come", we could strike up a good conversion... but that's not gonna happen!

So I will just end the blog with today's suggestion.

Picture this, you're ill and all you want to do is to crawl under the comfort of your blanket. Sci-Fi movies won't go with you, because most of your neural nerves are lying lazily in your brain. War movies will make you fall asleep, action films will be too loud for our ears, horror films will just make you more sick.

My choice of genre - animation, preferable Disney. They are light hearted, descent, sensible and easy to sit or lie through. I bet you have already watched Ice Age, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Bee Movie, Monster & Aliens, Madagascar, Ant Bully...and all those box office reigning stuff. But there is one, I can assume, several of us may not have bothered to check out.

Flushed Away.
It's a funny and witty story of a British rodent world, where a city rat gets tangled with a small time crook rat for a journey to save their butts from a tyrant toad... and probably save all rats too! Kate Winslet and Hugh Jackman are main star attraction of this one, added by Ian McKellen and Bill Nighy.

If you're a Disney 2D film lover then there is probably a lot of direct-to-video sequels such as Tarzan 2, Hercule: Zero to hero, Aladdin 2 and 3 etc, which are not classics, but wouldn't disappoint you as you don't have to leave the comfort of your bed for a movie theater.

So... go on. Get your well-deserved bed-rest, with a little childish fun.

I am going to, at least!

Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment