Friday, June 18, 2010

Start of a Journey

Not everyday do we wake up and tell ourselves that I have to write a blog today! At least, I don't. So, when it happened today, I knew I had to at least create one...

I am quite new to the concept of blogging as I have always considered myself a bit old-traditioned. So now that I suddenly wake up, its hard for me to understand what people crave for in such unguaranteed internet blogs. Well, its so hard, I am just not wasting my efforts on that portion anymore. You will always have the option to click the little Red X on the top right corner, if you don't like what you are reading, anyway!

Escapist! What a fancy name to label social losers, don't you think? Well, I am one, I have no hesitation to come out with that little piece of truth (not that everyone is dying to know it)! For readers who are still blurry with the concept of escapism, people like me are so disagreeing with the daily realities we have to face, we just pretend we don't live in this world. Our virtual world is full of recreations that keep our brains fooled long enough, until its time to pay a bill or get the groceries or such other interesting activities. Everybody has their own ways to escape, mine is movie.

Now you might say, wait a second! Everybody watches movies! Well, yeah, they do! But I am slightly more than that. Watching movies is not my hobby, its more like a life-source! I need a regular dosage of movies to make me keep going. The movie doesn't have to be a classic, it won't even have to be a well-known movie, its okay if I have even never heard of the movie... I would just need something which has a video and audio in sync and doesn't say Documentary! If it's a documentary, its not exactly escaping, is it!

So, on my first day, lets start with some guarantees that I cannot give on this blog.

  1. My blog will never provide information or advices to help people with work, dating, lifestyle, shopping like robbers or anything typically useful. Sorry guys, I am not good with those!!

  2. Since I am an irregular person, there may be days I wont write anything. I guess, that wasn't even required to mention!

  3. People replying to my blog, I am sincerely sorry if I take time to reply to them, which might happen frequently! But I do appreciate those people who would take out their time to respond to my gibberish articles, because I can imagine that headcount won't be a big number.

Now that the rules are established, I can go back to my blabbering.


Right now, I feel like the picture above. Too many me-s trying to take over my current acting self.

One me wants to work and pay the due back to people who transfer couple of grants to my account every 30th. Another me mocks the first one and asks not to overwork and convinces me to believe I am underpaid.

One me tries to make me believe that I got everything I need. Another one pokes in my eyes and notifies, I still don't have a permanent gas connection.

One me catches hold of my ear and tells me to keep pretending that I love my job. Another one whispers into my ear and keeps my daydreams alive.

The current me, ignores all of them and focusses on the blog. If you have watched "Identity", you can imagine my dilemma slightly!

So, today, starts a journey of venting out, in a polished way, hoping to catch a few net-crazy eyes... trying to share the psychology of escaping!

Diary ... of an escapist.

- Sharit

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharit, many of us have been waiting for you to start blogging.

    An amazingly articulated post :) All the best. Looking forward for more from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, buddy!

    I am planning to maintain this in a daily basis as of now, since it's supposed to be a diary, you know!

    Try visiting the blog once in a while, because I need motivation more frequently than you can imagine... :))

    Signing out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oye..kya baat hain...bahut achhe...badhiya hai bhai...lage rah...tu blogging me ek revolution la dega shayad..:) :)..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks be...!! Bas ekbaar Google search pe aa jaye.... !!

    ReplyDelete