Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 3: Numbed Out

All is well.

Well, either that, or I am just numbed out to the max.

Because, nothing could really bother me today. Woke up like a zombie, watched two episodes of FRIENDS like a resident evil corpse, swallowed lunch like a brain-dead...

My life is generally like this... full of different phases. 50% of it are the lazy hammock days, where I just lie in every position and place I move to, waiting for the day to over. Next 30% of the days are emergencies, mostly pushed to the edge by my lazy self.... and then there are the numb philosopher days.

No, I never have the repenting period in this ongoing cycle. Maybe that's why the cycle goes on!

So anyway, if anybody is slightly curious, my laptop is formatted now and working like a dream. All my data was deleted, but I got backups of some critical data from my manager. So... day was saved there.

My movie collection was obliterated. But hey, I did it once, I can do it again!

So, I was sitting on my workstation and listening to this sudden shouts of cheers and disappointments as most of my colleagues were checking out the updates of the Portugal and Korea DPR match. Terrible match... 7-0.

I am not much of a football fanatic, not any sports fanatic for that matter. So it feels little weird when the guy next to me jumps all of a sudden saying "Oh shit!", as if an Iguano just crawled into his pants. But when I get back home and notice my Mom watching the live matches with elevated eyebrows...I understand. Its a passion that takes over the world for 3 months, even if you like football or not.

Actually, if I think clearly, I like this time much much more than when the IPL runs. I know people are going to start swearing when they read this line, but I really think cricket is extremely overrated in India. Especially since the 20/20-s have hit us.

Every single day there will be some live match running on and on... its almost as over-exposed as Amitabh and ShahRukh a couple of years back, when they started doing all kinds of endorsements, from a cold drink to an Ayurvedic hair oil, from a cold cream to a biscuit, from a brand of apparels to a pen... every freaking advertisement had their faces. It was too much even for die-hard fans like me. (By the way, I love you Amitabh sir and ShahRukh sir, for all the magic you have done in Bollywood, in case you come across this blog a decade later when Google decides to push this up to their search)

Anyway, fans are fans and they can't change just because some cynic on a blog doesn't like it. Just like I can't stop watching movie because my future wife doesn't like it... (Hope, I am not crossing the line here). And till the time demand is there, supply will continue to pour in.

So India, keep watching cricket!

I am back to my movies. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment