Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 5: A Little Demotivated

Acceptance - one of the basic needs of life.

All our life we look forward to be accepted by the people we deal with everyday. That's why we try to dress cool in High School, that's why we try to make frequent jokes with friends, that's why we participate in all kinds of team building games in Office...

I guess, I am trying the same with my blog here. I know it's just been 5 days and probably it would at least take like a month to get comments from people that I don't know... but I still feel slightly low.

What if nobody likes my idea... what if I keep pouring my heart out in this blog and nobody replies... what if I am not accepted!

Actually, I have been going through several other highly harsh realistic problems since a few months... the blog is just adding up to that. Ironically, it was meant to be a means of escaping the reality!

But... anyway...

Today I wanted to write about certain genre of movies. The bloody/gory/horror types.

What's with all that blood and guts, guys? Do you really love watching it?

Yesterday, I was scanning my laptop for a good horror movie before I go to sleep. I picked Wrong Turn 2: Dead End! Horrible choice!

Now, it might be a good movie in that genre... but I couldn't think of any reason other than neurological imbalance or an extreme amount of booze, to plan for watching this movie. I mean why would I want to see an ugly semi-zombie cutting a man's guts out and serving in a plate to her family! That's not horrifying! That's just disgusting! I picked the wrong genre!

Meanwhile, if you are thinking I am just a wuss who can't man up to watch such movies... sorry to disappoint guys, I don't even turn away for a second while watching these movies - be it the gruesome SAW hexalogy, or Hostel twins or Cabin Fever or The Ruins, I watched them with exceptional ease and an occasional smile on my face. It's just disturbing and doesn't let you think normally for at least an hour.

The only scene that made me almost puke in yesterday's movie, was a scene where I thought the devil family was trying to feed the heroine some kind of shit, literally! That's the only thing I can't stand!

So, why did I watch the whole movie? Well, that's like one of my secret oaths, I generally don't stop before finishing a movie, however pathetic it might be.

The gore feels good on certain situations, where the good guy avenges of all the ill-doings of the villain by cutting him into parts. Our bloods are so boiled by then, we badly expect such wild justice, as in the Tarantino movies.

But, watching a family of mutated cannibals hunting on random tourists and making a dinner out of them, literally, didn't make much sense to me. Maybe that's why I never liked Jason either... he is like a robot programmed to kill!

Maybe, Hollywood has now overdone this genre.

Well, that's just me. Nobody needs to feel the same or do something about it. After all, watching bad movies once in a while keeps your brain in balance. Too much good movies will just sweeten you up!

So if you have guts to watch others' guts... go do what your gut feeling says! Watch the bloody movie!

Don't worry about me, I will keep writing the same shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment