Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 11: Late Realizations

Yup, my life is full of them.

When I was promoted to my current Social Media Analyst job, from a call center job, I was happy as the job sounded more meaningful. I looked at it as a probable future growth line, maybe in the same organization, maybe in a different one.

But as I am passing each day working on the roles currently defined for me and looking at the future expansions of my job responsibility, I am realizing that I am not meant to do such a job. I am not meant to do a job with complicated managerial jargons, process optimizations, business objectives, project managements or framework synchronizations... they are just words that haunt me every second in office.

I am meant to write. Maybe, my writing isn't that good yet (which is kind of obvious from the blog's readership). But I still believe that I can reach people at some level by my writing. Writing is what liberates me... if I really try, I can express any feeling, any inconceivable emotion with my writing. And that is what I really want to do.

But, I guess it's a but late. Because every day I keep doing my current job, it takes me on a path far away from the one I want to take. I can't just start over from scratch either, since I don't consider myself an economically affluent person. And that's where I get stuck, because the only way left is a miracle... which doesn't happen in real life, at least not in mine.

Anyway, time for today's pick.

Today, I am going to recommend Accepted, a 2006 comedy drama with Justin Long in the lead. From the first look it seems to be just another teen comedy. But trust me, it is not.

Bartleby Gaines (Justin Long) is apparently a bad student on industrial terms, and involved in educational crimes such as making fake ID-s. But inside, he is a dreamer, refusing to be measured by a rigid educational system, which fails to measure the hidden talents of so many students and forces them to walk on predefined career tracks. When he doesn't receive any acceptance letters from any of the universities he applied into, he sees that as an opportunity for freedom and makes up his own fake university.

But things go out of control when several similar unaccepted people come to know of his university and comes to join it. Its not long before the news hits the established universities, specially the one from which Bartleby "borrowed" the name of his university. What comes next is a hilarious but insightful story of a basic need of every human being, acceptance.

My guarantee, you will love the climax!

No comments:

Post a Comment